I’m absolutely loving that it doesn’t get dark in the evenings until at least 9:30pm here! In Dubai it was dark by 6:30pm so it’s definitely appreciated. So although these photos look like they are taken in the morning they are actually late at night! 🖤
I thought I’d let you all in on my super simple 5 step bedtime beauty routine fresh from the shower…..
I have a weird quirk that means I don’t particularly enjoy getting my face wet in the shower….. Told you I was weird. So more often than not I have thick mascara marks melting down my face when I step out the shower.
1. Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover is up there with the best I’ve ever used. This make up remover takes off even the toughest of masacaras with just a couple of wipes over the eyes with cotton buds. Just remember to shake until the liquid turns a cloudy pale blue.
2. The make-up removing fluid tends to leave a slight oily feeling on my face so a thorough cleanse after is definitely needed. I use the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleaser with my Clinique Sonic Cleansing Brush.
This cleanser is the most gentle cleaser I’ve ever come across. It’s feels so beautiful on my skin, but that doesn’t mean it’s soft on removing the last of my make up or deep down dirt. As with all Kiehl’s products this is expensive, but it’s truly worth it.
The large white sectioned this brush can be used all over your face and the smaller green section is for your t-zone as the bristles are rougher. I bought this last summer in preparation for my wedding and it’s made such a difference to my complexion. It’s fantastic to know your getting deep into your pores without doing any damage to your skin.
3. I use the super lovely, super relaxing Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask at least twice a week. The green clay really draws out impurities while the manuka honey and rose-scented geranium soften my skin.
I found the scent of this mask rather odd when I first used it, but I now find it very fresh. When it comes to a moisturising mask I tend to prefer sheet masks, but I really like the process of wiping away a clay mask if I want a deep clean feeling.
4. Once my skin is feeling super squeaky clean I apply 6-8 drops of Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate to my face and neck. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this product or how it addicted you will become once you pop this on your face for the first time. Yes, it is a lot of money, but this little bottle will last you FOREVER! Well, not quite forever, but I’ve had this a year and I’m only 3/4s of the way through.
5. Once the Elixir has sunk in I top up the moisture with Clinique Moisture Surge moisturiser. This is a super luxurious, lightweight moisturiser that my skin sucks up instantly. I absolutely adore this product and look forward to this step the minute I start.
When I fly I make sure I have this in my little see-through liquids bag as it’s the ideal moisturiser for combatting airplane dryness without looking like an oil slick.
Hope you enjoyed my very simple bedtime beauty routine.